Finally got him standing on his legs, at first the wheelbase was way off, the after a few minutes of thinking I realized that I accidentally had switched left and right legs.
Now begins the process of footshells and hight of the center wheel.
Been working on the feets for a while, at last Micke Askernäs constructed plans for his feet construction, they are extremely ridged and easy to build.
I’ve used M10 bolts for all my three feets, M8 is quite enough, but since I made a slight error on one ankle I decided to go M10 on all three.
M10 is harder to find at the local shops if you want insex, they have to be 50 mm long, M8 is much easier.
Been occupied with other chores lately, but I’ve managed to make the shims in aluminum, but together the horseshoes (not my proudest build), they need some serious sanding and filling to look presentable.
Finally found a roll of neckring-tape for the dome, thanks to a fellow builder it wasn’t far away!
Had helicoil threads put in the center ankle to minimize ware and tare when taking it on and off for transportation.
Finally some more sheets of plastic has arrived. Been longing to make the feet so I finally can get him rolling.
Also wheels are ordered and some minor electronics to try out as a temporary solution before I can lay my hands on a better radio-controller(arduino)
I will mount threaded metal sockets in the centerfoot for the ease of screw in and out the foot.